Tis the season for pumpkin! No need to wait for Thanksgiving to enjoy the fall flavors that everyone loves. This cozy granola makes the perfect on the go snack or breakfast topping. Filled with four different types of nuts this granola makes for a fantastic energy boost. It also has tons of seasonal spices that will fill your house with the sweet smells of fall. Baked to the perfect amount of crunch, this seasonal snack is the perfect way to kick off your winter season. Don’t believe me? Try it out for yourself…
Pumpkin Pie Spice & Seed Trail Mix Recipe
- 1/4 cup sucanat or whole cane sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon, Ground
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup unsalted whole almonds
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup unsalted pecan halves
- 1 cup roasted salted pepitas (shelled pumpkin seeds)
- 1 cup walnut halves
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 Tablespoons all natural apple juice
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 2/3 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 250°F. Mix sucanat, cinnamon, paprika and pumpkin pie spice in small bowl. Set aside.
- Place almonds, oats, pecans, pepitas and walnuts in large bowl. Mix together pumpkin puree and apple juice; pour over nut mixture and toss until nuts are evenly coated. Sprinkle with spice mixture, tossing to coat well. Spread evenly on two baking pans.
- Bake 30-35 minutes, stirring halfway through cook time. Cool completely. Stir in cranberries and raisins. Store in airtight container.
Recipe credit @eatingbirdfood Text by Mabel Vo