Pumpkin Pie Trail Mix
Tis the season for pumpkin! No need to wait any longer to enjoy the fall flavors that everyone loves. Kick off the season by filling your home with the sweet spicy smells of autumn as you toast this healthy gorp mix to perfection.
Filled with four different types of nuts, this gorp will give you energy to last. Works great as the perfect autumn hiking snack or breakfast topping when served plastic-free in your favorite ECOlunchbox snack container.
Pumpkin Pie Spice & Seed Trail Mix Recipe
- 1/4 cup sucanat or whole cane sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon, Ground
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup unsalted whole almonds
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup unsalted pecan halves
- 1 cup roasted salted pepitas (shelled pumpkin seeds)
- 1 cup walnut halves
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 Tablespoons all natural apple juice
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 2/3 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 250°F. Mix sucanat, cinnamon, paprika and pumpkin pie spice in small bowl. Set aside.
- Place almonds, oats, pecans, pepitas and walnuts in large bowl. Mix together pumpkin puree and apple juice; pour over nut mixture and toss until nuts are evenly coated. Sprinkle with spice mixture, tossing to coat well. Spread evenly on two baking pans.
- Bake 30-35 minutes, stirring halfway through cook time. Cool completely. Stir in cranberries and raisins. Store in airtight container.
Recipe credit @eatingbirdfood