Pumpkins have tons of tasty seeds, but most of the time, they just get thrown out. Why do that when you can create the perfect Halloween snack food! Roasted Pumpkin Seeds are delicious, nutritious, and the perfect replacement for popcorn or chips when you sit down at night to watch your favorite fall shows! You can use them for kids’ school lunches (we used them in our Halloween lunch but they're great any time!), a healthy snack when you are feeling peckish, or even as a garnish for meals!
Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Freshly scooped organic pumpkin seeds
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Scoop the pumpkin goop out of a fresh, organic pumpkin.
- To separate the pumpkin seeds from the pumpkin, put everything in a bowl of water. The free pumpkin seeds will float to the top. Use your hands to free the ones embedded in the scooped out pumpkin.
- Rinse and thoroughly dry the pumpkin seeds.
- Coat the pumpkin seeds with a generous amount of olive oil.
- Toss the pumpkin seeds with a generous amount of sea salt.
- Spread the pumpkin seeds on a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 300° for 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally.