To kids, Halloween is far more than just trick or treating. It’s all about costumes, spooky TV specials, and the spirit of the holiday!
Treat them to this super simple, and super yummy, organic Halloween lunch, and make it extra special. While my son was growing up, I made this, or some version of it, every year. He still mentions it around this time of year, even as a teenager!
The lunch itself is so easy to make, but is full of fun! The “main course” is a organic cheese and veggie sandwich, with a spooky, Jack-o’-lantern face cut out of the top piece of bread. The fruit snack is an “orange pumpkin”, a peeled, organic cutie orange with a stalk of celery sticking poking out the top as the pumpkin stem. Every Halloween needs a ghost, so grab a natural food coloring pen and simply draw a face onto an organic cheese stick.
Now, the last two parts of this Halloween lunch are a bit trickier, but well worth the effort. They are crunchy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds and delicious Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies! You can grab the recipe for the pumpkin seeds below and you can find the Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe here!
Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Freshly scooped organic pumpkin seeds
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Scoop the pumpkin goop out of a fresh, organic pumpkin.
- To separate the pumpkin seeds, put everything in a big bowl of water. The pumpkin seeds will float to the top.
- Rinse and thoroughly dry the pumpkin seeds.
- Coat the pumpkin seeds with a generous amount of olive oil.
- Toss the pumpkin seeds with a generous amount of sea salt.
- Spread the pumpkin seeds on a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 300° for 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
We hope this easy Halloween lunch inspires your own creativity when packing lunch for your kiddos on Halloween!