Blue Water Bento Insulated Canister
Uniquely plastic-free and packed with user-friendly features, we think you'll love our new Blue Water Bento Canister with its elegantly etched bamboo lid and exceptional thermal performance. Plus, thanks to its collapsible carrying handle, it's easy to carry or clip to a backpack.
When we set out to design this canister, we sought to create an ECOlunchbox product to use joyfully and, at end-of-life, mindfully recycle and biodegrade instead of discarding in a landfill. We conceived the canister with a cradle-to-grave philosophy in mind. Read on to learn more about how our design makes it easy to recycle the container instead of tossing it in a landfill when it's no longer useful.
Leak-proof and vacuum-insulated, our new canister has exceptional thermal performance to keep food warm or cold 8 hours or more without using any plastic. Plus, we love the smooth wide 4-inch opening of the container that makes it so easy to eat hot soups or stews with a spoon. Competing containers typically have a narrower mouth, making it difficult to easily get a soup spoon in and out for a pleasant eating experience.
Another great feature is the canister's rounded and smooth top lip, which makes it ideal for sipping! Competing containers often have bumpy plastic threading around the container's top, making them unsuitable for sipping.
Like all our ECOlunchbox products, the Blue Water Bento Canister is sturdy, non-breakable, and built to last for years of use. Nevertheless, our users can rest easy knowing that when the insulated canister is no longer useful, we designed it with a cradle-to-grave approach, so nothing goes into landfills.
Too often, molded thermos container lids are made with plastic. You'll also find plastic sneakily added inside lids that look like they're made from steel but inside the screw threading is plastic. And more obviously, many insulated containers use plastic at the base of the container, mixing with a steel belly band. All of these mixed material thermoses are destined for the landfill since consumers are very unlikely to be able to separate the plastic, silicone, and steel for recycling.
With our Blue Water Bento Canister, we've designed it so that the bamboo lid can be popped off with a flat head screwdriver, leaving the consumer with a 100% metal container that's ideal for recycling! The bamboo lid topper, which features an el grass etched design, is biodegradable either at home or in a green bin for curbside pick-up. The silicone gasket can be mailed back to ECOlunchbox for recycling or recycled local to the consumer. Each material used in the product easily separates for recycling!
Another pet peeve of ours when it comes to insulated containers is they are often challenging to keep clean. If you can't keep them clean, that means quicker obsolescence.
To make the Blue Water Bento Insulated Container easy to keep clean, we've developed an innovative external gasket that can be easily rolled off and on for cleaning. Gaskets often end up wedged inside lid grooves, making them difficult to remove for cleaning.
Over time, mildew and gunk builds in the gaskets. Even if they can be removed with a tool, replacing the gaskets and reestablishing a leak-proof seal often proves impossible. Goodbye gunk! Our innovative Blue Water Bento gasket will be a breeze to keep clean.
- Made from 18/8 grade 304 stainless steel and bamboo. 100% plastic-free!
- Total capacity 12 oz (1 ½ cups, 355 ml).
- Wide mouth opening is ideal for both eating with a utensil or sipping.
- Keeps food hot or cold for 8 hours or more.
- The canister is 4 inches (10 cm) round by 4 ¾ tall (11.5 cm)
- Vacuum insulated walls and lid keeps food warm up to 6 hours.
- Leak-proof silicone gasket includes a pull tab for easy opening. Sometimes insulated containers can develop a suction. Pulling the pull tab loop will release the suction and allow easy opening.
- Etched bamboo lid topper features eel grass ocean motif.
- Easy-to-clean removable silicone gasket.
- Collapsible stainless steel carrying handle.
- Cradle-to-grave design with fully recyclable (base and lid) and compostable (lid).
- Dishwasher safe container. Hand wash lid.
- Threading inside the cap is steel.
- Container base is dishwasher safe. Bamboo lid recommended only for hand washing.
- Tare weight is etched on the bottom of the container to enable easy zero waste meal purchases at hot or cold food bars where charges are set by weight.
- Made in China.