Tired of putting your protein between slices of bread? Try this gluten-free, bread-free sandwich wrap that’s easy to make, especially if you have leftover scrambled eggs!
We think Savoy cabbage is the prettiest cabbage in the bunch and its leaves are tender even when raw. Deep green and deeply crinkled, its taste is mild and earthy. If you can’t get it, however, Romaine lettuce is a great option and holds up well at room temperature for several hours if you’re packing this breadless sandwich to go to school, work or play! Yay!
Savoy Cabbage Veggie Breakfast Burrito Wrap
- 2 medium-sized leaves of Savoy cabbage
- 3 scrambled eggs
- ⅔ cup chopped bell pepper
- Sliced avocados
- Optional extras: tofu, whole pinto or black bean, or bacon
- Sautee ⅔ cup of chopped bell pepper until just soft.
- Beat eggs seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Add beaten eggs to bell pepper and cook scrambled, until just firm.
- Spoon eggs and optional extras over Savoy cabbage wrap, top with avocado slices and salsa.