Hay Straws (100 Pack)
Paper straws are undoubtedly a better choice than throw-away plastic straws, but hay drinking straws offer several other upsides we think you'll love even more. Made from gluten-free wheat stalks, Hay Straws don't get soggy, easily biodegrade in home composts, work well for both hot and cold drinks and cost just a couple cents each.
Sold in a box of 100, these biodegradable hay straws measure 7.75 inches tall (approx. 20 cm) with an inner diameter of 1/8 to 1/4 inch (approx. 3.5 to 5 mm). The slender hay drinking straws are ideal for lemonade, juice, cocktails and other thin liquids. Keep in mind that these biodegradable drinking straws are "manufactured" in nature, so you'll notice beautiful eco variations in color and size.
We think you'll find hay straws are the perfect solution for at home or on the go. Stock a set at home for elegantly entertaining yourself or a whole crowd in eco-friendly style. Arm yourself to do battle with single-use plastic by tucking a few in your purse and having them at the ready for yourself and friends at restaurants and for to-go meals when plastic-free straw options are not offered.
- 100 straws per cardboard box.
- Slender inner diameter measures 1/8 to 1/4 inch (approx. 3.5 to 5 mm). and is great for drinks like iced teas, lemonade, and cocktails. Not recommended for smoothies or other thick liquids.
- 7.75 inches tall (approx. 19 to 20 cm).
- Made from 100% biodegradable natural wheat stems.
- Each batch of hay straws is tested by our supplier Hay! Straws for gluten and results consistently register either a negative or <10ppm gluten reading. The Gluten-Free Organization's standards for a food or product to be gluten-free is under 10ppm and the company is working to get its official certification.
- Biodegradable - but not reusable. Hay straws are intended for single use. Nevertheless, it is possible to rinse the straw and reuse it for personal use.
- Do not eat the straw. It's not edible.
- Made in China.