Pack in the yum and say goodbye to yucky plastic toxins with our ECOlunchbox Oval stainless steel lunchbox set. This 2-piece set includes a large oval container plus a smaller cup that's ideal for sauces, dips or other wet foods.
Concern about the health hazards posed by toxins in plastics, such as bisphenol-A and phthalates, is driving demand for ECOlunchbox plastic-free solutions made from traditional non-toxic materials. Stainless steel is ideal for lunchboxes because it's non-toxic, non-reactive, non-leaching, dishwasher safe and ultra durable!
• Large oval lunchbox is a convenient size measuring 6 1/2 inches long by 5 inches wide and 2 inches tall. The large oval stainless steel food container fits two halves of asandwich stacked with room for a side dish.. Also great for pastas, salads and other leftovers.
• The round stainless steel cup (3 1/2" diameter) doesn't leak thanks to its BPA-free #4 LDPE plastic lid, making it ideal for sauces, dressings, yogurt, applesauce or other wet items. The cup fits inside the larger oval box or can be used separately. The plastic lid is the only piece of plastic used in the ECOlunchbox product line focused on plastic-free solutions.
• We have chosen not to use any plastic or other gaskets in the pressure-fitting lid of the oval box, so it's not 100% leak proof. Soups and other very wet items should be put in the small sauce cup with the plastic lid.
• The set is dishwasher safe (expect for the no-leak lid). Plastics are not recommended for the dishwasher because the high temperature breaks down plastics and makes them more prone to leaching toxins. Additionally, metal food containers and water bottles with painted designs are not typically recommended for the dishwasher. The high temperatures in the dishwasher often cause painted metal surfaces to chip and flake, which is not healthy around food.
• The ECOlunchbox Oval is not for use in the microwave. Food may be reheated in the metal containers (without the plastic lid!) in a medium heat oven or over a campstove.
• Made in Thailand.