This is the first handmade, artisan lunchbag that ECOlunchbox introduced in 2009. It's the "original" ECOlunchbag we put to market as we launched our eco-friendly luncware line designed to be healthy for people and the planet.
The fully lined ECOlunchbag Backpack is sold as a set with three matching cotton napkins tucked inside.
For children, as young as pre-school, the straps can be shortened with the button on the back of the bags so they can also carry their lunch hands-free. And finally, the strap unbottons from the base of the bag so the straps can function "purse-style" with over the shoulder carrying.
Sewn from hand-printed fabrics, this sturdy, fully lined lunchbag is ideally suited to everyday use. ECOlunchbox purchases fair trade these unique block prints made by artisans in India continuing on 1,000 year old Indian textile traditions.
- The bag measures 12 inches tall and 6.5 inches wide. The bottom is square, measuring 6.5 inches by 6.5 inches.
- The three napkins measure 16 inches by 12 inches. Can also be used as a placemat.
- Extra buttonholes on the strap make it easy to shorten the strap if small children wish to use the bag as a backpack. To view how-to on shortening straps, click here.
- Machine wash, tumble dry.
- Handmade in India. Learn more about our artisans, click here.
The ECOlunchbag works great with these lunch boxes:
Posted by justinebot on April 16, 14
I love this little backpack. The flat bottom keeps my Three-in-One in place and the straps are customizable so that I can carry it over my shoulder or as a backpack.
The napkins are super useful, too. I leave one in my backpack and stuff another in purse and leave the other at work (just in case I forget).